Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 2


Ok, so it is rainy and 30 degrees here and icy as all get out. I am snuggled on the couch with my coffee and trying to do anything BUT work (I work from home). I did a party this weekend for a christening. It was at a schmancy country club and had about 80 people there- it pretty much looked like a wedding. I normally do not paint children less than 2 for 2 reasons: they cry and squirm and the potential for allergic reactions is supposedly higher. Grandma insisted despite my hesitation and warning. Well let me tell you, this little cherub, probably 6 months old, sat on Grandma's lap and did NOT budge! She just stared at me with these big blue eyes while I painted a simple floral mask. I was floored at her stillness. Grandma went to whisk her away, so tickled and I said- hold up! I grabbed the mirror and that wee little one grabbed the mirror so tight and pulled it right in to her nose and smiled.

Priceless.

That is why I do this job.

It does not feel like a job 95% of the time.

I did not take a pic but here is another floral mask on my daughter.


kim baker

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to your posts. I am a fairly new facepainter and I am always looking for new designs to try. I agree that it hardly ever feels like work. I get to paint, make kids smile and get paid for it! The "bestest" job in the whole world!

    ReplyDelete